I'm suppose to look puzzled, not angry!

About Me

My photo
I have a book to publish. Editors love it, marketing departments say 'up the media profile'. So here I am 'upping it' and writing about the book, food, and life in general.

Monday 17 September 2012

Candy Floss! Every home should have one of these.

Pink and lovely

Zoe, also lovely

We found this little beauty at Todmorden boot sale on Sunday and snapped it up for £4 (retail price for the Hinari £34.99).  A cup of caster sugar stirred with half a teaspoon of red food colouring and we were off.  Oh the joy!  Oh the fun!  Oh the mess when I put too much sugar in and it flew around the kitchen.

Sunday also saw the last day of the summer so I dragged everyone outside to eat a lunch of griddled turkey steaks, cous cous and chickpea salad with sundried tomatoes, red onions and thyme.


Last summer lunch in the garden
I love the chickpea salad.  My friend Zalia made it for me last week in London and I can't stop making it.  I like to use these freaky little dark brown chick peas and this time I mixed them with chopped red onion, fresh thyme leaves and a good dollop of this sundried tomato bruschetta paste I found in Morrisons.  Zalia makes it with rosemary instead of thyme - equally as good.

chick peas, sundried tomato paste, red onion and thyme

I was the only one who ate this, by the way.

1 comment:

  1. GED or General Educational Development learning has become one of the best options among a lot of students who are looking for faster yet equally competitive ways to get into college or apply for a prestigious job. This is why a lot of people are thinking of getting printable GED practice test that can help train them to pass in the actual examination. Here are some reasons why getting one is important.

    ged free practice test printable

    ReplyDelete